[Press Release] This year at Baselworld 2011, Ellicott revives its watchmaking tradition and values focused on innovation by presenting the automatic chronograph Majesty, the world’s first chronograph with a circumferential rotor.
Men’s elegance by Ellicott is defined by a refined aesthetic and accomplished mechanics. The new born of the Majesty collection has no cause to be jealous of its predecessors, as this chronograph features an automatic movement equipped with a circumferential rotor : first time in the history of watch making.
Its ergonomical design is notably due to the inverted position of the pushers as well as to the “cushion” shape of the case, which is carved out of steel in black DLC*. Dressed with a bezel in pink gold 18K, the Majesty chronograph bears a dial, which circular guilloché alternately with the hours’ markers emphasizes the central display of the chronograph animated by a red hand and a 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock. Another counter at 9 o’clock displays a small-second. The back of the case in sapphire reveals the intricacies of the movement along with the technicity of its automatic winding system with the circumferential rotor.
With this innovative Majesty chronograph, Ellicott continues to assert itself as a pioneer in terms of men’s watchmaking elegance and thus makes out a new chapter in contemporary watchmaking.
• Calibre MG3 – CH, self-winding mechanical movement chronograph with a circumferential rotor in 18K gold : The first of its kind in the world
• Number of jewels : 48 rubies
• Height : 6.60 mm
• Diameter: 28 mm
• Frequency : 28’800 oscillations per hour (4Hz)
• Power reserve : 70 hours / 55 hours when the chronograph function in working
• Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and chronograph
• Case in “cushion” shape : 42 mm (9h – 3h) – 51 mm (lugs included) thickness 13 mm, in steel black DLC* scratch resistant, satin-finish
• Bezel and crown in pink gold 18K
• Chronograph pushers in steel black DLC* scratch resistant and pink gold 18K, Function Start/Stop at 8 o’clock – reset at 10 o’clock
• Dial in black and grey, partially guilloché with hours’ markers in pink gold and superluminova
• Hands, hours and minutes, “full moon” design coated with superluminova, small second in blue steel at 9h
• Chronograph hand counterbalanced in red, indicating the seconds. Counter of 30 minutes at 3 o’clock
• Sapphire-crystal with anti-reflection treatment
• Back with sapphire crystal and satin-finish steel black DLC* scratch resistant
• Water resistant to 30 meters
• Black alligator strap with hand stitches
• Buckle in steel black DLC* scratch-resistant