[Press Release] GoS, the Swedish independent watch brand founded by Patrik Sjögren and Johan Gustafsson presents their new limited edition model Stockholm, which has been designed in corporation with the owners of the exclusive watch store Fredmans Ur, the GoS retailer in Stockholm. The brand name GoS stands for Gustafsson & Sjögren watches.
The new model Stockholm will be produced in a limited quantity of five watches of which four pieces with a mother of pearl dial and a single piece with a dial in blue Lapis Lazuli. The dials in natural materials highlight the rich details within the hand-forged Damascus steel. Johan Gustafsson has achieved a very fine grained steel, which pattern is made visible through careful and time consuming hand finishing techniques.
The movement ticks inside the Stockholm model is the hand wound Alpina 592R from the 1950s, a NOS movement that has been thoroughly serviced and adjusted before the assembly in the GoS workshop. The Alpina movement beautifully displays the characteristics and overall quality of watch movements from that era and has been kept in the original finishing. The deep beveling and the bridge shapes perfectly match the designs and shapes of the Damascus steel parts.
The Stockholm watch is the first model to be delivered in the new GoS presentation box. The boxes are individually crafted by Sture Nyberg, a local woodcraft artisan who is well known for his work which he regularly exhibit. The box is crafted in an ancient technique called “svep” in Swedish and is so specific to the Baltic region that it does not have an English name. The material is thin birch wood that is moisturized and bent over a round template. Birch root is then used to lock the shape with a seam.
● Case: 42mmx10mm
● Lug width: 22mm
● Glass: Flat sapphire glass
● Movement: Swiss manual movement Alpina 592R
● Dial: Mother of pearl for 4pcs 1/4-4/4, One piece 1/1 has a dial in blue Lapis Lazuli with small gold pyrites
● Hands: Spear shape in hand forged Damascus steel
● Index ring, rehaut: Fileworked and polished in hand forged Damascus steel
● Crown: 8mm in finegrained Damascus stainless steel
● Case finishing: All highgloss polished with Gustafsson & Sjögren logo on case side.
● Strap: Handcrafted in Louisiana Alligator.
● Presentation box: Individually crafted box in svepask technique.
Stockholm 1/4 – GoS 023 MOP dial
Stockholm 2/4 – GoS 024 MOP dial
Stockholm 3/4 – GoS 025 MOP dial
Stockholm 4/4 – GoS 026 MOP dial
Stockholm 1/1 – GoS 027 Blue Lapis Lazuli dial
Price: Approx US$12,000