Swarovski unveils a piece from its third watch collection, which will be presented in March at the World Watch and Jewelry Show in Basel.
From the new pieces for 2011, Swarovski has chosen its flagship “Octea Sport” watch from which to develop its first piece in faceted ceramic.
Wholly created in white ceramic, the unidirectional rotating bezel is cut from a single piece with a sunray pattern.
The lacquered white dial is adorned with the Swan logo at 12 o’clock, complemented by the hand-applied index markers and Arabic numerals.
In the center, protected by an anti-reflective and scratchproof sapphire watch glass, the second hand and the luminescent minute and hour hands sweep past a date window set at 3 o’clock.
The notched crown with glass cabochon also features a metallic Swan, and the Swanflower® pattern appears on the back of the 39 mm steel case. Details are also engraved on the steel case, such as the brand name and the Swiss made certification which relate to the ETA movement and the fact that the watch is water resistant to a depth of 50 meters.
The watch strap in white rubber features six hand-set and faceted white ceramic pieces.
Available worldwide from the end of March 2011 in many Swarovski boutiques and selected watch retailers.
- Case: Round case in stainless steel, 39 mm, unidirectional rotating bezel in white ceramic, water resistant to 50 meters.
- Dial: White lacquered dial, silver index markers and Arabic numerals. Swan logo at 12 o’clock. Date indicator at 3 o’clock.
- Strap: White rubber strap decorated with six pieces of white ceramic. Ardillon buckle in stainless steel.
- Movement: ETA quartz, Swiss made.
- Details: Swanflower® motif on back of case, crown decorated with cabochon featuring the Swan logo.