[Press Release] Evolving in parallel and driven by the same spirit of escapism, conquest and an unconventional attitude to life, an unusual and symbolic encounter led two passionate enthusiasts of fine mechanisms, albeit in two different worlds, to join forces in an original, exclusive and strictly limited watch creation.
A resolutely non-conformist brand fascinated by thrills and freedom, Van Der Bauwede Genève shares with certain motorcyclists associations the same passion for exceptional mechanisms. In response to an official demand from such a club, Maxence van der Bauwede, CEO of the prestigious watch brand, has created an exceptional customised watch strictly reserved for its members.
Distinguished by it’s a strong character and a nonconformist appearance, the Chrono VDB Legend Rider Automatic calibre 35 stems from an exclusive variation on a theme designed for a world-renowned bikers’ club founded in 1940.
This watch endowed with the same dynamic nature and DNA radiates a resolutely rebellious spirit that makes it a powerful symbol of identity. It embodies another kind of time measurement based on different parameters: anticipation, speed, calculated risk-taking and fast decision-making. This choice of life and freedom expresses a mind-set, a determination to stand out from conventionally correct options. The Chrono VDB Legend Rider is a rallying cry for the spirit of rebellion, for challenging established codes and preconceived norms.
Issued as a limited edition, this engraved and numbered timepiece is available in pink gold, steel or black DLC versions. Its high-tech case is composed of four parts: the back, the “engine block”, the cylinder and a bezel that can be set with diamonds or black sapphires in order to reinforce its unconventional and prestigious spirit. With their distinctive rev counter-type dials displaying day-date, seconds and chronograph indications, these models are characterised by asphalt-black stylised “Côtes de Genève” motifs. The ultra-virile and charismatic Chrono VDB Legend Rider is fitted with a crocodile leather strap with folding clasp bearing the VAN DER BAUWEDE GENEVE crest.
Based on the same concept as a high-powered motorbike, this exceptional watch can be personalised right down to the smallest details in order to meet the demands of collectors seeking an absolute identity through a unique and customisable model. This adaptability includes the case, the movement and the surface treatment. The dial also affords impressive flexibility in terms of potential variations. The case-back may carry special engravings, and there is a wide range of choice for wristband colours and materials. Exactly like their owners’ bikes which are designed to be truly unique and reflect individual personalities, these exclusive watches can be interpreted in countless different ways. The Chrono VDB Legend Rider is available exclusively through an exclusive network of watch retailers.
- Self-winding, VDB Cal. 35
- Central hours and minutes
- Small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Window-type calendar display: day and date
- Chronograph: hour-counter at 6 o’clock, minute-counter at 12 o’clock, centre sweep seconds hand
- 42-hour power reserve
- 25 jewels
- 316L steel, bezel in 316L steel
- 316L steel /black PVD treatment, bezel in 316L steel /black PVD treatment
- 316L steel /black PVD treatment, bezel in 316L steel /black PVD treatment set with 180 white diamonds totalling 1.53 cts
- 316L steel/black PVD treatment, bezel in 316L steel/black PVD treatment, set with 180 black sapphires totalling 1.86cts
- 316L steel /black PVD treatment, bezel in 316L steel /pink PVD treatment
- 5N 750 pink gold, bezel in 5N 750 pink gold
- 5N 750 pink gold, bezel in 5N 750 pink gold, set with 180 white diamonds totalling 1.53 cts
Engraved, numbered and see-through back
Water-resistant to 5 atmospheres
Crown: Notched crown, Self-locking push-buttons
Black sunray-brushed motifs for the three counters
- rhodium-coloured/black “Côtes de Genève” motif
- pink gold-coloured/rhodium-grey “Côtes de Genève” motif
Hands: Silvered nickel or pink gold filled with black colour and white superluminova for hour and minute hands. Red counter hands
- Black leather strap, 24/20mm
- Folding clasp with Van Der Bauwede crest