[Press Release] Swiss luxury watch maker H. Moser & Cie adds two new variations to its successful MONARD MARRONE family. In typical Moser fashion, the brown tones of the dials of these three hand timepieces are nuanced in accordance with the case material.
The first model(Ref. 343.505-018) is an Italian variant featuring the lustrous chestnut brown dial, which harmonizes perfectly with the warm golden tone of the rose gold case. Another special variant (Ref. 343.505-019) features a distinctive shade of dark brown in the white gold model. This endows the watch with a radiance which effectively emphasizes the cooler white case. The hour appliques markers are in the same colour as the respective case and are given a diamond-polished finish. Hands executed in the same colour exhibit the typical Moser three-dimensional form with a bright-polished eye of the hand.
The distinctive feature of a three-hand watch is its outstanding readability, which is not impaired by any other element of the display. Additionally, the elegant dial is otherwise animated by only a single, large centre seconds hand, with the help of which the watch can be set accurately to the second.
True to tradition, the minute hand extends precisely as far as the outer end of the minute appliques markers. No movement-retaining ring detracts from this perfect composition between the case and the inhouse movement that is used only by Moser. This is exclusivity in its purest form.
The MOSER Cal. HMC343 movement is a 7-day hand-wound movement with a diameter of 34 mm and a Moser tooth system optimized for high efficiency in the entire wheel train. Two large spring barrels arranged one behind the other provide a power reserve of more than 170 hours, enabling the watch to indicate the time reliably for more than seven days even without being wound. A power reserve display on the back of the movement is visible through the sapphire crystal window in the case back. With an external diameter of 40.8 mm, it has a size which corresponds perfectly to current needs. Moser-specific case sides, known as freely formed lateral surfaces, make the three-part case readily identifiable by a connoisseur. Complemented by a crown with a stylized “M”.
The harmonious coordination of satin-finished and polished case surfaces assures unobtrusive elegance. The use of true bevel wheels in the winding system guarantees gentle, low-wear operation – a worldwide rarity in wristwatches. The arrangement of the fourth and third wheels beneath a common wheel-train bridge is typically Moser. This feature is already evident in the Moser pocket watches of the 19th century.
The same is true of the engraved company seal, a symbol for the quality and authenticity of all genuine Moser watches that has been in use for 185 years. Chamfered and polished edges, a sun pattern ground finish on the plate and bridges, together with the historic Moser ground stripes, serve to emphasize the intrinsic value of this movement that is visible through the sapphire crystal back. It goes without saying, of course, that this watch incorporates the typical interchangeability of the Moser escapement with its gold pallet fork, gold escapement wheel and Straumann hairspring.
- Three-part designer case in rose gold
- Dial with a sun pattern ground finish, warm chestnut brown
- Diamond-cut hour appliques
- Three-dimensional Moser hands
- Sapphire crystal with internal antireflective coating
- See-through sapphire crystal back with internal antireflective coating
- Alligator leather strap
- 7 day hand wound movement
Plate and bridges
- Classic, archetypal Moser form of the wheel-train bridge
- Edges chamfered and diamond-cut
- Traditional Moser ground stripes
- Moser company seal, the symbol for the quality and authenticity of all Moser watches for 185 years
- Screwed gold mounts
- Moser tooth system for all wheels and pinions
Winding system with dual spring barrel
- True bevel wheels for transmitting the winding motion
- Seconds stop function
- Guaranteed 7-day power reserve
- Power reserve display on the movement side
Interchangeable escapement module
- Retained in the movement by only 2 screws
- Security lock to prevent the movement from running down
- Straumann hairspring manufactured in-house
- Pallet fork and escapement wheel made of solid gold
- Lateral pallet fork
- Dragon lever for precision adjustment
- Traditional Glucydur screw balance
› White gold weight screws
› Steel regulating screws in a slotted threaded hole
- Incabloc shock-absorber