[Press Release] Vogard, the specialist brand in the category of world time watches opens a new chapter in the history of watch making by launching a new complication DATEZONER , a spectacular timepiece that sets a new benchmark for world timers by combining date, time zone and time keeping functions.
The date is set via the bezel and is synchronised with the time zones and the cities on the bezel. This unique mechanism is patented and ensures that the date changes automatically when the hour hand is moved over the midnight line via the bezel, both clockwise and counterclockwise. As a result, the watch always displays the right date in every time zone.
The date window positioned at 6 o’clock is extra large so that the date is very easy to read, with functionality being enhanced by a day/night disc positioned over the date window. The DATEZONER is based on the patented Timezoner movement and is equipped with a superb quality chronograph mechanism. The DATEZONER is truly a man’s watch, a peak performer in any business situation or on any sports ground in the world.
The linking of the time zone with a disc to change date is a world first in the history of Swiss mechanical watch making. This ingenious solution became possible thanks to the development of a complex, angled synchronisation wheel which is activated by the Timezoner movement on one side and which meshes with one of the 31 knops on the bottom side of the date disc on the other side.
The DATEZONER offers improved functionality over standard chronographs thanks to the unique arrangement of its winding crown and push pieces. The crown is positioned at six o’clock, while the chrono stop/start pusher is found at four o’clock and the reset pusher at eight o’clock. This highly ergonomic design is enhanced by the fact that the DATEZONER has extra large pushers that are best described as ‘finger pedals’. Based on the design of a sport’s car’s control pedals, the large size of the ‘finger pedals’ enables the functions to be easily activated while the watch is still on the wrist, even when wearing gloves – ideal, for example, for personal lap timing during performance driving situations. This is made possible by a special anti-block mechanism which means the chronograph will activate regardless of the angle from which the pusher is depressed.
The patented movement features a miniature high-tech clutch and a complex gear train, which enables the wearer to reset the watch to the appropriate race track in an instant, with no loss of accuracy.
Ref. DZ 6131 Datezoner USD 15’000 (ca 12’000 Euro)
Ref. DZ 6931 Datezoner Titaniumcarbid-18kt Gold USD 18’000 (ca 14’500 Euro)
- Material: Titanium Carbide (TiC)
- Diameter: 48mm
- Sapphire crystal: Anti-reflex, inside and outside curved
- Water resistance: 50 m (115ft)
- Bezel: in 18kt gold or black steel
- Destinations: 24 capitals and major cities
- World’s first First chronograph to set date via the bezel
- First chronograph to set time zones via the bezel
- First chronograph to indicate daylight saving time (DST, summer time)
- First chronograph to offer personalized bezels
- Automatic movement Calibre
- Diameter: 38mm
- Vibrations: 28’800 per hour
- Avg. tolerance: Max +10 sec per day
- Power reserve: Min 1.5 days
- Stop time: Max 12 hours
Straps: Materials Alligator or rubber with a special steel inlay
- Ref.Nr. DZ 60: Titanium case with steel bezel
- Ref.Nr. DZ 61: Titanium case with black steel bezel
- Ref.Nr. DZ 62: Titanium carbide case with black steel bezel
- Ref.Nr. DZ 69: Titanium carbide case with 18kt gold bezel