Well, let’s look on the positive side – this is all in the name of charity.
And with that, the ..
[Press Release] A first glance of the date display on the edge of the “watch” flap creates an instant, all-pervasive sense of mystery. The date numbers appears on a small screen, as if emerging from nowhere. They are in fact inscribed on a rotating cylinder nestled at the heart of the micromechanical movement, and they are projected thanks to the properties of optical fibres that conduct light and are perfectly suited to this endoscopic exploration dreamed up by Celsius X VI II. They are also involved in the dual timezone display where they create a magnifying effect on the hour numerals.
Conceived by Celsius X VI II and developed by Chronode, the watch movement of this exceptional object is based on a high-performance calibre powering the hours, minutes and pointer-type 50- hour power-reserve display functions, as well as the innovative date and dual timezone indications. It incorporates a visible regulating organ combined with an original index and the fascinating “Remontage Papillon” invented and patented by Celsius X VI II. The latter is in fact an automatic winding system housed in the hinge of the nomadic object and which supplies 2,23 hours of energy with each opening and closing. Also featured are the micromechanical inventions that endow this cellphone with incomparable charm and prestige: battery-injection, a main connector protected by a mechanical-locking flap, and cushioned screen-flap closing.
Like its forerunner, LeDIX, this unique object is equipped with a top-quality and particularly longlasting French electronic communications platform. It notably incorporates a form of voice transfer technology that is regarded as fully mature, with no risk of obsolescence for decades to come. Extremely user-friendly thanks to an interface pared down to essentials, this intensely personal creation is crafted from noble and functional materials such as PVD-treated titanium, quartz fibre and rubber. All of which represented a major challenge for the designers who had to resolve the various interference issues engendered by such associations.
Distinguished by its sleek, flowing lines inspired by the world of Formula 1 motor-racing, refined finishes characteristic of haute horlogerie models, and colours echoing those of Monaco, the elegant style of Celsius X VI II is immediately apparent. The Only Watch model comes with the exclusive accessories created by the brand: LaBase (docking station), LeKit, the no-hands kit secured by a tie-pin style clip, LeFourreau, LaChaîne and LeHolster – all neatly presented in the ebony wood presentation box called LeCoffret and composed of three mechanically opening compartments.
· Clamshell mobile phone
· 700 mechanical parts, including 314 in the watch movement alone
· Structure entirely milled from a block of grade 5 titanium treated PVD
· Inserts in quartz fibres and rubber
· High-end watchmaking finishes: polishing, satin-brushing, Clous de Paris hobnail pattern,
· Patented mechanical hinge (Remontage Papillon), serving to harness and store the kinetic energy generated by the user. On this specific model the energy is then used to activate the mechanical system
· 50-hour power reserve. Each opening and closing of the clamshell phone generates an additional 2.23 hours of power reserve
· Revolutionary fibre optic display (Image Guiding System) for the big date and the GMT
· ¾ bridge 50-jewel movement
· Visible escapement wheel with a unique index system
· Mechanical battery-ejection system, Clous de Paris hobnail pattern
· 7 main sapphire parts, some featuring two radii of curvature
· Technology developed in cooperation with a French company, renowned for the high quality and reliability of its platforms. Every platform is customized and tested to meet the highest standards.
· Platform Made in France, 2.75G GSM-GPRS-EDGE : Triband 900/1800/1900MHz
· User interface deliberately simple, user-friendly and designed to optimize the ergonomics
· Screen: AM-OLED : 2.2″ QVGA 320×240 262k colours
· Battery: Li-Ion 770mAh, >3.5 hours talking time, 240 hours of power reserve in standby mode
· Multi-lingual interface, including: French, English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish and Arabic
Ecosystem of accessories
· “LeHolster”: Minimum of two hand-stitched leather accessories designed by Celsius X VI II and made by specialized craftsmen
· “LeKit”: Mechanical Hands-Free Kit in leather and polished /satin-brushed metal. This “tie pin” accessory includes an ingenious system ensuring the wires do not tangle
· “LaBase”: Holder in high density resin and polished and satin-brushed metal to recharge and synchronize the phone.
· “LaChaîne”: Chain equipped with mechanical components: belt attached with spring-mounted beads and mechanically linked to the phone.